CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Hillbilly Teeth

So, I got four of my teeth pulled on Wednesday. As I mentioned in my last post, I did not want to do this, but figured the orthodontist and surgeon knew much better than me. I did convince my ortho to pull the 5th tooth back on the top right and left (rather than the 4th). He pulled the 4th tooth back on the bottom on both sides though. I didn't mind that as much since it wouldn't be as visible. But it does look pretty funny right now!! :)

So I took Wed and Thu off of work and probably would have gone back on Fri, but it seemed silly considering that we have half days on Fri during the summer. And it's not a short drive to work. So, I have now been off three days and I really haven't eaten much other than mashed potatoes, applesauce and yogurt. I just don't want anything going down into those holes. They seem so big. Ick..

Anyway, a bunch of my friends and coworkers decided to go the baseball game tonight and I went back and forth about going. I really wanted to, but I am still in a little bit of pain... But really I think it's more I just don't feel like leaving the house. Do any of you ever feel like this and start getting depressed about your braces and teeth? I try really hard not to let it affect me, but sometimes, the braces win out. I mean, between my jacked up teeth and my yellow rubberbands (I swear, I try so hard to keep them clean, but it is not easy), I just hate having people even look at me sometimes. Hopefully this will pass after I go to my ortho next week. I am usually not like this too often. And it might also be the extra weight I have put on in the last year too.. I am just much more self conscious now and have noticed I am going out a lot less now. I know I need to forget about it and realize that nobody else cares but it's just hard sometimes. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Well, I guess since I decided to be lame tonight, I might as well go study. I am studying for the 3rd part of the CPA exam. (There are 4 parts and I have passed two). I will be so happy when I am done with this. (I am scheduled to take the third part in Aug and will probably take the 4th in Oct/Nov). For those of you who are not familiar with it, it's the biggest most extensive exam there is. So, wish me luck!

All I know is, I cannot wait till a year or two from now when I am done with this exam and these braces are off and my teeth are perfect! It'll definitely all be worth it in the end.

3 comments:

Ananda Devika said...

Good luck! ;)

Thanks for the email - I'll reply eventually. I'm bad about that stuff. It does sound like we have a lot in common, though. I'm not an accountant, but my best friend is, as is my father, so I know all the lingo. :)

Kelly said...

haha - No worries, I am too!! Hope all is going well with your progress!! :)

Bella said...

I had to have four teeth pulled, too, and it was very traumatic. I felt sick for days afterward - I think it does something to your body. I mean, they are taking teeth out of bone - that's a major thing!

Hang in there - I definitely know how you feel.