CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Still Hurting... :-(

Don't get me wrong, it's not unbearable pain, but I am just really really surprised that I am still in any pain at all. I know initially when I had my four wisdom teeth pulled last year, I was so much worse off than I was with these four teeth, but I am almost positive that within 3 or 4 days I was fine. I know for sure I didn't take as many pain pills. So, that is where I am at right now.. I am trying to get off the pain meds. I only took one today, so I am making progress.

Also, I still have not been eating very much. (which I think is a blessing in disguise). Besides the pain, it is just not easy at all to eat anything other than applesauce, mashed potatoes, yogurt, etc. The holes on the top are way back whereas the ones on the bottom are at the front of my mouth. In other words they do not line up at all. So when I try to chew at all, things just go right into the holes. (Sorry, I know it's gross). And I don't dare eat chips or anything that could be sharp. I wonder if I will not be able to eat stuff like that for a long time now. I guess that could be a good thing though. I really really need to start eating better anyway.

So, my next trip to the ortho is on Thursday. I am excited for things to start moving again. It's been two or three months now!! Hopefully these holes will close up fast. I just worry that when they pull all my teeth back in that there will be even less room in my mouth... And my problem is that my tongue already pushes against my upper teeth (especially when I sleep and when I swallow) and that is why they are pushed out and why I have the open bite in the first place. I guess that's where the surgery will come into play. I assume that not only will the surgeon close the open bite, but also push my jaw forward a little to give me more room. I am not sure yet at this point though.

Oh, and as an update to my last post, Iam not feeling quite as depressed as I was before. I went out all day yesterday (which was beautiful, on the water) and had some drinks (even though I shouldn't have had them with my pain medicine, but it made it even more fun - hehe). So hopefully, I will keep this positive attitude for a while.

Anyway, hopefully this pain will go away soon.. especially by this next ortho appt. I don't know if I could deal with that much pain...

0 comments: