CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's been a while, I know

I can't believe how long it's been since I have been on. I guess I have really gotten caught up with being super busy at work and I am still studying for the exam. (Man, I cannot wait till I am done with that). I also just got over having strep throat from which I was really sick (and had to miss three days of work). Not cool.

But anyway, the teeth are moving along pretty nicely. I don't really know why, but the gaps on the t0p are closing up so much faster than the ones on the bottom. I just wish they'd hurry up and close already. But, I guess I need to be patient. (Not easy for me, I am an extremely impatient person).

One thing that happened in the past week that was really cool is the surgeon's office (Kate, to be specific, who works with Insurance) informed me that my surgery has been authorized. I was sort of in shock. I have heard so many horror stories on here about insurance that I was expecting some sort of a fight, even if just a little one. The ease with which this all happened (Kate just submitted my x-rays, molds and a questionnaire I had filled out and I got the authorization about 6 weeks later) makes me nervous still. Did any of you have a similar situation or was it all horror stories? I am very happy but don't want to get overexcited just in case. However, I also know that Kate deals with this every single day and she should know.

Well, I guess I should stop worrying and just be excited!! I actually don't have a clue when I'll have surgery yet, but my orthodontist really wanted to be reassured that I am approved for surgery. If I had to guess it will probably not be until after next tax season. :-( The problem is, I doubt I will be ready in December (and even then that's a busy time for us accountants). But come Jan 15th, it is not possible for me to "voluntarily" miss any work. So, I am guessing it will probably not be until at least the end of April 2009. But, in all honesty, in some ways the time has flown by. I mean, it's been almost a year already. So, I can make it a little longer. :-)

Well, I hope all is well with all my braces and surgery buddies out there. I am going to try to catch up on all your posts since I have been MIA for so long. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

ummul said...

:-)

smile!

ummul-orthodonti.blogspot.com

Katherine (Kate) said...

Just checkin' in to see how things are going :)

Get the big exam done and over with? Bottom gaps starting to catch up with the tops?

Take care!